Today is date of birth of noted artist, singer, poet and writer Dholan Rahi (Real name: Dholan Tirathdas Morwani *Rahi ) He was born on 6th July 1949 at Ajmer Rajasthan. He won Academy Award in 2005 on his book “Andhero Roshan Thiye”. He was a teacher and poetry, drama and singing is his passion.
He is a popular stage artist and having performed in 350 stage dramas. He also translated two books. His CDs of songs are popular among Sindhi community of India.,
Academic Attainments :M.A. (Sindhi), B.Ed.
Permanent Residential Address :
Flat no. 602 Florence Apts.
Kotra, Ajmer 305001
Occupation/ Profession : Teacher (Sindhi)
Literary Achievements. :
- Nenan Otiyo Neenhun (Eyes Let Love Pour) Poetry, 1970.
- Aks Ain Paraada (Images & Echoes), Poetry, 1985.
- Daat Joon Diyatiyun (Glowing Candles of Talent), Poetry, 1987.
- Morpankhi Pal (Peacock Feathered Moments), Poetry, 1995.
As Dramatist :
- Heri-A-Sandi Hera (Habitual’s Habits), Writer & Director, 1980.
- Sahurani Motor (In-laws’ motor car), Writer & Director, 1982.
- Jahire San Tahiro (As You Sow, So You Reap), Writer & Director, 1983.
As Singer :
The following audio cassettes among others were released by him :
- Cheti Chand Ji Sookhri [Gift of Chetichand-Sindhi New Year].
- Asanjo Lado (Our Bridegroom).
- Kanwar ji Qurbani (Sacrifice of Saint Kanwar Ram).
- Mor Lado (Beloved Bride Groom).
- Shahani Shaddi (Royal Wedding).
- Bhagtan jo Bhagwan (Disciple’s God).
i) Rahi is an approved poet, Lyricist and Singer on AIR & Doordarshan.
- ii) He has given over 300 cultural & musical programmes on the stage.
iii) He has edited Narayan Shyam’s Daat Ain Hayat, Part II, and Divine Life.
- Selected at national symposium of Poetry by All India Radio.